1. If you have a Schlachtfliegerleitoffizier at your Division or
Army Corps, then request the use of the “Schlachtfliegerleittrupp”
for your focal point [of combat].
2. The Fliegerleitoffizier (Schlacht) and his troops create a
connection to the flying unit for you.
3. You can transmit all your wishes for target destruction by
ground attack planes via the Schlachtfliegerleitoffizier.
4. You as tactical leader alone are responsible for the content
of the messages which are transmitted to the Air Force by the
5. The place for the Schlachtfliegerleitoffizier is ahead near
your focal point, near to you.
6. Precondition for a successful control-communication is a good
possibility to watch. Then, the Schlachtfliegerleitoffizier can lead
the ground attack planes to the most dangerous enemy.
7. The Schlachtfliegerleittrupp is a precious instrument. Take
care of him. Sit him into an armoured personal car – only then he
can fulfil your requests and support you with a concentrated ground
attack even more then massed artillery.
8. Take care that you have clean radio contact, so that he is at
your hands when you need him.
9. If air support was promised to you, but no
Schlachtfliegerleittrupp is available, your
Fliegerverbindungsofficer (LN) [means Air Force Connection officer]
of your division will take over this task.
10. The Schlachtfliegerleittrupp needs about 4-6 hours to set up
his equipment in the armoured personal car. So, better keep a
vehivle ready for this. Plan well.
11. If a ground attack unit of the Air Force shall support you
and you have neither a Schlachtfliegerleittrupp nor a
Fliegerverbindungsofficer (Ln or Reconaissance), then use the
communications officer who is Fliegerleitoffizier [Air communication
officer]. For execution of radio communication, a soon to be
released memorandum about operation and tasks of the
Fliegerleitoffizier is relevant. -- With the help of your Fu7 [radio
type] you can connect to the Schlachtfliegers if you got the radio
documents via the Fliegerverbindungsofficer at your division or army